CLFlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Colorado-licensed lawyer, real estate, business, family, state and local taxation, regulatory, employment, landlord/tenant.

Hi, I owe my sister a large sum of money and would like to

Hi, I owe my sister a large sum of money and would like to secure the loan with my old car collection. I would like to know what forms I need to fill out to do so and if I can get them online? Thank you, Bruce
Expert:  CLFlaw replied 4 years ago.

CLFlaw :

Contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles for the lien papers to put a lien on the vehicles' titles. There's a lot of information on the web about this but that information is referring to judicial liens. Your lien is a consensual lien - like you'd give to the bank when you buy a car. DMV handles these matters. Good luck! Please hit Accept so that I may receive credit for my Answer. Thank you!