dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues

My mother who is 75 has Medicare A and D. She needs Medicare

My mother who is 75 has Medicare A and D. She needs Medicare B as quickly as possible,she needs brain surgery now!! Social Security is keeping her from getting Medicare B because she cant prove one year of paying in for insurance in 2001 she was able to provide proof of the other 9 years but not the one year and social security is telling her she has to wait til july. In july she will be dead without this brain surgery. How can I get her the medicare B she needs now so she doesnt have to wait. Her clock is ticking!!!
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 33 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you. I understand your dilemma. But likewise, the SSA needs proof. So, assuming you Mom paid by check, you will need to go to her bank and obtain her checking account statemens for 2001. And hopefully you will find the payments that are in question.

I wish you well. Because I help people like you here, for a living---this is not a hobby for me---I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system with regard to Accepting answers, by Clicking your ACCEPT button now. Otherwise I do not get paid anything at all. BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are also appreciated An Accept also assures that I can assist you again. I wish you the best in your future.