Robert, Attorney
Experience:  I am a licensed Attorney.

when is the traffic ticket amnesty program in Detroit,mi for

Customer Question

when is the traffic ticket amnesty program in Detroit,mi for 2012
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer!

The traffic ticket amnesty program is not a regular event but rather a sporadic event that each district determines whether or not to participate in.

From what I can see there has been one in the 36th district in 2009 and 2011 but I found nothing for one occurring in 2010. I think it was 2002 before 2009.

It usually has occurred during the month of April but it is not consistent as the court will adopt such practices only when there is a very high number of outstanding delinquent traffic tickets. I do not recommend planning to wait for an amnesty program if you can help it since there is no guarantee that one will occur in 2012.

I wish I had better news for you but I hope this has helped you to understand the situation better. Please let me know if you need me to further clarify my answer and I will do my best to so clarify. Please remember to click "Accept" so that I will be compensated for my work and research. Good luck!

Thank you,