InformationForYou
InformationForYou, Attorney
Experience:  18 yrs trial attorney, professor of criminal law and ethics
12569237

Is there a 3-day buyers remorse law in Indiana? I bought a

Customer Question

Is there a 3-day buyers remorse law in Indiana? I bought a new 2011 vehicle on Saturday, and it didn't run very well on the drive home. It did ok on the test drive, but the engine seemed to be missing on the way home. What can I do? Thanks.
Expert:  InformationForYou replied 4 years ago.

InformationForYou :

Unfortunately, no. Dealers aren't required (by law) to give car buyers a three-day right to cancel. The right to return the car in a few days for a refund exists only if the dealer grants this privilege to buyers. Dealers may describe the right to cancel as a "cooling-off" period, a money-back guarantee or a "no questions asked" return policy.

InformationForYou :

I wish the news were better.

InformationForYou :

You need to see if the paperwork specifically grants it (meaning the dealers are granting it, even if not legally required to do so). Good luck and please click accept to give me credit for responding.

InformationForYou :

I can see you viewed my response. This isn't a free site. This is my job, not a hobby, so please click accept to give me credit for responding and for abiding by the good faith nature of the site.