Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My daughter recieved a NYS no seat belt ticket...Is It points

My daughter recieved a NYS no seat belt ticket...Is It points on herNYS license and does it raise insurance rates?? thank you!
Expert:  Sam replied 5 years ago.

Sam :

Yes. It is a 3 point violation.

Sam :

With points, it is possible the insurance rates will increase

Sam :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you

Customer:

are you sure I was told that it is only an epuipment viola and you pay only the fine? first offense

Sam :

I apologize

Sam :

The 3 points is for anyone under age 16

Sam :

You have been told correctly. It is a fine. No points for anyone over age 16

Customer:

what about the insurance rates?

Sam :

No insurance rates will go up, because it is not reported as anything to the company and there is no record once a fine is paid.

Sam :

The way the rates rise is if the points are assessed. The insurance company is notified

Customer:

ok thank you what will this cost me?

Sam :

The fine is $50 for a first offense.

Sam :

Customer:

no no what will you cost me

Sam :

You have a deposit. When you Accept that deposit is accepted. If you have questions pertaining to your deposit or subscription you need to email support@justanswer.com and they will assist you