Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I would like to get a copy of a phone conversation from the

I would like to get a copy of a phone conversation from the phone company. what do i need to do
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
Why would they have a copy of a phone conversation? Can you provide some facts to put this into context?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have met people that say the phone companies have recordings of all phone conversations, and they had the job of listening to them. so i thought with cell phones it may be true also. i do not understand what you mean by context? i am looking for a conversation between myself and someone else
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
That is not true. The telephone companies do not record the conversations that go across their lines. They do record text messages for a brief period of time but they are deleted within a few days or weeks. I'm not sure what that person was telling you they listened to, but telephone companies absolutely do not record the conversations. Among other reasons it would be illegal.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.