Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

can you file a reconsideration after a final judgement in

Customer Question

can you file a reconsideration after a final judgement in florida
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Per Florida Rules of Civil Procedure Rule 1.530, you have 10 days to file a Motion for Rehearing. You would file it with the Court and set it for a hearing, and serve the other party, much like a pre-judgment motion, and then argue it in Court.

If the Court denies the motion, then you may appeal the case overall to the interlocutory court; appeal time tolls while your Motion for Rehearing is pending. It is not clear if you may appeal the Motion for Rehearing to the interlocutory court at this time, with different Florida Courts taking different stances on the matter.

You can find the form on sites like and

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please do not forget to click ACCEPT. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work – I receive no credit for my time with you unless you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you need more information, please use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to answer to your satisfaction. There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, if we continue the conversation. If you feel that I went an extra step to help you, a bonus in the form of another accept or an “add on” (available after you accept) is truly appreciated.