Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

I purchased a car on ebay and after much work finallly got

Customer Question

I purchased a car on ebay and after much work finallly got it shipped. The car is nothing like described and the title is not evan in his name, also the title is a duplicate title and subject to the origianal. I need help ebay says the car is to old to qualify for their protection plan?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Good morning. You should proceed directly against your seller. You should send the seller a certified, return receipt requested letter demanding a refund of your money in total within a short specified period of time. Inform him that if your demand is not timely complied with, you will have no choice but to file a suit against him for your damages. Be sure to specifically mention that you will be filing this claim not only as a breach of contract case, but also as a deceptive trade practice action, which will entitle you not only to your damages, but also an additional amount equal to 3 times that as punitive damages. That should provide plenty of incentive to comply with your demands; but, if it does not, file your suit.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have already demanded my money back and told him i would be seeking legal action he will no longer reply because he has been talking to the ebay fraud department that I complained to. Can you guys write him a letter from legal council? Everything is documented through the eBay online mail system and e-mails back and forth.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry. The scope of what we do is to provide guidance. We are not allowed to actually provide direct representation to you.