Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

I am being evicted. I was sick since october suffered a stroke,

I am being evicted. I was sick since october suffered a stroke, came back home on 1/24/12 from rehab hospital and need outpatient rehab, i also applied for disability which will take some time. I was served eviction notice on 1/27/12. I asked bank of america lawyer for more time to gather some money to find a place in which to live but they only give me until Feb 7. What can I do at this point? I thank you for your assistance
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 years ago.
Are you renting or are you in default of a mortgage?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
neither renting or mortage. Bank of america took over this house in 2009. I wanted to purchase this house but because of difficulties I could not get the funding needed. Now the bank wants me out by 2/7. I can not meet their deadline and need more time to move.
So there is no order from a court requiring you to leave? If not, you may wait for them to obtain one. if they petition the court, you may cross move or otherwise ask for additional time or stipulate in court for a later date based on hardship.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK, I will go down to the courts for hardship extension.
Good luck
Kindly click ACCEPT, its the only way I get credit by JA.