lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

My fiances ex-husband is legally obligated to make her car

My fiance's ex-husband is legally obligated to make her car payment and has not. My fiance was called at work and was asked where to pick up the car, she does not know how far behind in payments she is and could not access her account. What can she do to keep her car from being repossessed? Thank You
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

If he is obligated by court order, then she needs to file in the family court and ask the judge to hold him in contempt of court. The judge has the power to incarcerate him. However, since the loan is in his name, the finance company will not talk to her. Sorry.