Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations

how do i get bad reviews off the internet

Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 4 years ago.

Hi, thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Reviews of what?

Are you disputing the truth of the reviews or simply the opinion?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have an auto body shop
two bad reviews
1. Total BS
2nd one, somewhat exaggerated.
I haven't done anything other than flagging inappropriate. Google just sends back instant reply that there isn't anything wrong with review.
Dear JACUSTOMER - If the review contains lies you can sue for slander or libel but if it is simply someone's opinion then it would simply be an opinion and anyone can offer an opinion. Sometimes there is a gray area between what is opinion and fact and that's where the problems lie. You can't force Google to take down the posts so your only option is to sue whoever made the false statements, if in fact that's what happened. If you can find some customers to offer some positive reviews to counter the bad ones it may be a lot less time consuming and less expensive than filing a suit.