Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

Hello, My boyfriend borrowed $1,500 from my grandma 13 years

My boyfriend borrowed $1,500 from my grandma 13 years ago. He did not pay her back and I ended up paying for the debt in his place. Can I get him to pay that money back to me after so long?

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Good afternoon. Unfortunately, no. The statute of limitations is 4 years ... so unless he is willing to voluntarily pay you, he has an absolute defense.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.