MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX i clean houses last saturday i

Customer Question

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX i clean houses last saturday i cleaned a ladies home and the price was 75. an hour and we were there for 5 hours. homes normally dont take this long but this house was very dirty!!! the customer told us to stop because she didnt want to pay anymore even though she thought everything looked beautiful and when i told my helpers ok lets wrap up she got mad and it seemed she wanted us to finish her home even though she wasn't going to pay anything else . well then she said there was a scratch on her stove door and i told her i use only the top of the line products and they dont scratch well she said i was calling her a liar which i wasnt but i know my products well she only gave me $100. check and the other $275. she said she wasn't paying now today when i went to the bank she had canceled the check for $100. i feel so bad she has me stressed out what can i do?
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. You should sue her in small claims court for the value of the cleaning project plus interest and your court costs. Without any evidence to back the claim that you scratched the stove it is not likely to be found to be of any merit, but what is clear is that you performed the cleaning services. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
and how much would interest be ?
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
If your contract did not state interest or late fees, they would be subject to the courts discretion and you would request them by claiming in addition to the principal sum owed "any additional relief as the court deems just."
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the problem is we didn't sign an agreement it was all verbal can i still sue
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Yes, you can still sue, I assume your workers can confirm that you did clean and the conversation that was held.