MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX went to a doctor appt a couple weeks

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX went to a doctor appt a couple weeks ago for a sick visit i saw a new doctor he was going over my records updating how i felt and if the medications i was taking was doing ok then all of a sudden he hit me with a question that i was floored by he asked me how is your cocaine addiction i have never touched or seen this stuff somehow it got put in my records maybe someone push a wrong button. I came home very upset to the point i couldnt sleep. my wife then called the office the next day to see how this could have happened the office manager told me that a family member called up several years ago and said they were concerned with my cocaine habbit this is my family which whom i have not spoken too in five years. they did it to be hurtful the office manager could not give me a name. I work in a dangerous environment and am drug tested everyother month if my work would have gotten these records i would have lost my job and livleyhood. The office manager said it was taken off my records but i am nervous it is still there what can i do about this legally
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Have you requested a copy of your medical records to verify that the information was removed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no i have not i have request my record i have found a new doctor i dont have a appt until march 13just need to know the botXXXXX XXXXXne if there is any legal action i can take against the practice or against my family from constantley doing things like this
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Because you did not suffer any harm, there would be no basis to award damages, therefore a suit would not be worthwhile. Courts do not award damages for what could have happened, only the harm that actually was incurred. You can however file a complaint against the physician with the board of medicine. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what can be done to the family to stope them for making my life miserable i never know what is going to be next
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any good faith basis to pinpoint any family member whom likely made the report?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it so if there is there anything that can be done do you have any information about the board of medicine so i can file a report
Expert:  MShore replied 2 years ago.
Yes, if you have a good faith basis you can file suit against the attorney. But if not, then it would not be worthwhile to make a claim against the relative. However, as it relates to the physician, you can file a complaint here: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/state_board_of_medicine/12512/consumer_information/599422

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.
MShore, Attorney
Experience: Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.