How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Robert Your Own Question

Robert, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1412
Experience:  I am a licensed Attorney.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Robert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

provide a summary of the legal requirements in the state of

Customer Question

provide a summary of the legal requirements in the state of florida regarding child abuse and neglect ( including contact information for the appropriate agency). and also a daycare program policy regarding a childcare provider's reponsability to report abuse and neglect. Reference: www.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer! I want to make certain I understand your question completely before answering and I'll be glad to help once I make certain that I understand completely.

What kind of legal requirements are your referring to? Do you mean under what conditions are you required to report such abuse?

What is your occupation? I ask this because certain professions, in Florida, are legally required to report suspected abuse whereas other individuals may have more discretion.

As soon as I have more information I will be glad to help!

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am a Pre K teacher. Am trying to get my CDA. Basically
I need to give a child abuse report and to name a few legal agencies that does that and their requirements.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your follow up.

Although every person has a responsibility to report suspected abuse or neglect, some occupations are specified in Florida law as required to do so. These occupations are considered “professionally mandatory reporters”. A professionally mandatory reporter of child abuse/neglect is required by Florida Statute to provide his or her name to the Abuse Hotline Counselor when reporting. A professionally mandatory reporter’s name is XXXXX XXXXX the record of the report, but is held confidential (§ 39.202, F.S. and 415.107, F.S.)

School teachers are considered "professionally mandatory reporters."

Chapter 39 of the Florida Statutes (F.S.) mandates that any person who knows, or has reasonable cause to suspect, that a child is abused, neglected, or abandoned by a parent, legal custodian, caregiver, or other person responsible for the child's welfare shall immediately report such knowledge or suspicion to the Florida Abuse Hotline of the Department of Children and Families.

The Department of Children and Families is also responsible, as mandated in Chapter 39, F.S., for providing comprehensive protective services for abused, neglected and abandoned children in Florida by requiring that reports of each abused, neglected, or abandoned child be made to the Florida Abuse Hotline. For more on the Florida Abuse Hotline, including the telephone number, see the following link:

I recommend that you use the following link to report such abuse online through the Florida Department of Children and Families website; the link also contains online reporting tips and guidelines:

This next link will take you to an Florida abuse reporting Frequently Asked Questions page so that you can find quick answers to detailed reporting questions you may have:

I hope this has helped. Please let me know if you need me to further clarify my answer and I will do my best to so clarify. While of course not required, positive feedback and/or a bonus are greatly appreciated if I have been particularly helpful. Thank you and good luck!


Robert, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1412
Experience: I am a licensed Attorney.
Robert and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much for the help, this info is exactly what I need.
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
You are most welcome. Good luck!


JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina


    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Related Legal Questions