Robert
Robert, Attorney
Experience:  I am a licensed Attorney.
62978293

provide a summary of the legal requirements in the state of

Customer Question

provide a summary of the legal requirements in the state of florida regarding child abuse and neglect ( including contact information for the appropriate agency). and also a daycare program policy regarding a childcare provider's reponsability to report abuse and neglect. Reference: www. DCF.state.fl.us.abuse
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer! I want to make certain I understand your question completely before answering and I'll be glad to help once I make certain that I understand completely.

What kind of legal requirements are your referring to? Do you mean under what conditions are you required to report such abuse?

What is your occupation? I ask this because certain professions, in Florida, are legally required to report suspected abuse whereas other individuals may have more discretion.

As soon as I have more information I will be glad to help!

Thank you,

Robert
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am a Pre K teacher. Am trying to get my CDA. Basically
I need to give a child abuse report and to name a few legal agencies that does that and their requirements.

Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your follow up.

Although every person has a responsibility to report suspected abuse or neglect, some occupations are specified in Florida law as required to do so. These occupations are considered “professionally mandatory reporters”. A professionally mandatory reporter of child abuse/neglect is required by Florida Statute to provide his or her name to the Abuse Hotline Counselor when reporting. A professionally mandatory reporter’s name is XXXXX XXXXX the record of the report, but is held confidential (§ 39.202, F.S. and 415.107, F.S.)

School teachers are considered "professionally mandatory reporters."

Chapter 39 of the Florida Statutes (F.S.) mandates that any person who knows, or has reasonable cause to suspect, that a child is abused, neglected, or abandoned by a parent, legal custodian, caregiver, or other person responsible for the child's welfare shall immediately report such knowledge or suspicion to the Florida Abuse Hotline of the Department of Children and Families.

The Department of Children and Families is also responsible, as mandated in Chapter 39, F.S., for providing comprehensive protective services for abused, neglected and abandoned children in Florida by requiring that reports of each abused, neglected, or abandoned child be made to the Florida Abuse Hotline. For more on the Florida Abuse Hotline, including the telephone number, see the following link:

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/abuse/

I recommend that you use the following link to report such abuse online through the Florida Department of Children and Families website; the link also contains online reporting tips and guidelines:

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/abuse/report.shtml

This next link will take you to an Florida abuse reporting Frequently Asked Questions page so that you can find quick answers to detailed reporting questions you may have:

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/abuse/faq.shtml

I hope this has helped. Please let me know if you need me to further clarify my answer and I will do my best to so clarify. While of course not required, positive feedback and/or a bonus are greatly appreciated if I have been particularly helpful. Thank you and good luck!

Robert

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much for the help, this info is exactly what I need.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.
You are most welcome. Good luck!

Robert