LegalEase
LegalEase, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in Family law, Wills and Estate Planning
15144571

hi i have a school project just to interview an attorney i

Customer Question

hi i have a school project just to interview an attorney i need your information about general background
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 2 years ago.

B. T. Meyer, Counselor at :

Hello there:

B. T. Meyer, Counselor at :

what specifically would you like to know?

Customer:

ya um

Customer:

can i send a file through this?

Customer:

so you are an attorney?

Customer:

whats your name?

B. T. Meyer, Counselor at :

I don't believe so; you can send a file to customer service and they can forward it to me, but they are just about to shut down for the evening so it won't go through until tomorrow.

Customer:

i have a school project to do

B. T. Meyer, Counselor at :

Yes, I am an attorney. Can you give me an idea of what kind of information you need?

Customer:

first i need your name

Customer:

Firm name and location>?

Customer:

General Background:

1. Attorney’s Name: __________________________

2. Firm Name & Location: _____________________________________________________

3. Undergraduate Degree, and School: ______________________

4. Law School: ______________________________

5. What things did you most enjoy about law school? _________

6. What things did you NOT enjoy about law school? _________

7. Are you: A. Currently practicing law?

1. Currently working in government?

2. Currently working in business?

B. T. Meyer, Counselor at :

That is not a lot. Is that everything?

Customer:

noo

Customer:

there is more

Customer:

hehe

B. T. Meyer, Counselor at :

The reason I ask is that I am probably not going to be online much longer, so I think that I will open this one up for our other attorneys to examine.

Expert:  LegalEase replied 2 years ago.
I'd be happy to help with your interview.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so can i do the interview can u find attorney who can give me the answer?
Expert:  LegalEase replied 2 years ago.
I am an attorney, so if you copy and paste the full list of questions, I can answer them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

B. Currently working in government?
C. Currently working in business?

(If retired, or not currently working, ask about their experiences when they were working in the field.)
If you answered A for Question 7 (law practice)

A.1. What kinds of cases do you normally work on? ______________________________________________________

A.2. How much time do you spend in court? _____________________

A.3. What do you enjoy most about practicing law? ____________
_________________________________________________________

A.4. What negatives have you experienced in practicing law?
________________________________________________________

A.5. If you were not practicing law, what other types of employment would you consider? ________________________________________

A.6. If a student were interested in a career in law, what would you advise that student as to the type of undergraduate training to get as training (majors, degrees, etc.)?

A.7. Please ask at least TWO additional questions:

If you answered B for question 7: (working in Government)

B.1. Was your legal education helpful in getting your job??

B.2. Has your legal education been helpful to you, in performing your job?

B.3. Did you practice law before you went into government? If so, why did you decide to change? Are you happier in government than in law practice?

B.4. Instead of law school, would you encourage students wanting to do your type of work to do another type of education, such as Social Work, or Public Administration, or Business Administration?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
B.5. Please ask at least TWO additional questions:

__________________________________________________________

If you answered “C” to question 7 (working in Business):

C.1. What kind of business are you in, and what do you do in that business? ____________________________________________

C.2. Was your legal education helpful in getting your employment?

C.3. Has your legal education helpful to you, in performing your job?

C.4. Did you practice law before you went into business? If so, why did you decide to change? Are you happier in business than in law practice?
Expert:  LegalEase replied 2 years ago.
1. Attorney’s Name: JorXXXXX XXXXX
2. Firm Name & Location: Fort Worth, Texas
3. Undergraduate Degree, and School: Communications, Austin College
4. Law School: Texas Wesleyan University School of Law
5. What things did you most enjoy about law school? I enjoyed the intellectual environment and the total immersion in learning.

6. What things did you NOT enjoy about law school? The amount of reading that had to be done constantly that often didn't always have application. The learning about the theory as opposed to the actual practce of law. I wanted to learn how to practice in actuality, but you spend three years learning theory.

7. Are you: A. Currently practicing law? Yes.
B. Currently working in government? No.
C. Currently working in business?no.

A.1. What kinds of cases do you normally work on? I work primarily on family law and wills/probate

A.2. How much time do you spend in court? ___2-3 days a week__________________

A.3. What do you enjoy most about practicing law? It is never ever ever boring. I am constantly stretched. Owning my own practice gives me a great deal of flexibility.

Other lawyers who are jerks just cause they can be, opposing parties who are less than reasonable, clients who don't always pay on time/at all.

A.5. If you were not practicing law, what other types of employment would you consider? Professor, or some sort of educator. I also have a background in radio.

A.6. If a student were interested in a career in law, what would you advise that student as to the type of undergraduate training to get as training (majors, degrees, etc.)? I would say that the student should definitely either pursue a degree that requires a high amount of information retention, reading and application, or do these things naturally. There is no one degree that prepares you well for a law degree, so there shouldn't be any pressure to be pre-law or have a political science degree. I went to law school with history majors, comm. arts majors and mechanical engineers. There is no one major that funnels into law school. More than anything, you actually have to want to go to law school.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THANK YOU for your answers and for 2 additional question..

1.Describe a mistake you have made as a an attorney?
2.What recent court case do you find most interesting?
Expert:  LegalEase replied 2 years ago.
1. Probably the biggest mistake I've made is undervaluing my legal services in the beginning. I've also made the mistake of not communicating enough with some clients before. Each client has a different level of how much information they want to know.

2. The court case right now that I'm most interested in is what the Supreme Court will do when they hear the constitutionality of the health care act.
LegalEase, Attorney
Experience: Experience in Family law, Wills and Estate Planning