NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.

What does a Writ of Garnishment of Property OTHER than wages

What does a Writ of Garnishment of Property OTHER than wages mean and what do you recommend I do?
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark for future questions.Does it describe any particular property or assets in the writ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Regarding: Acton Village Association, Inc. VS. Me I know it has to do with my house being foreclosed a while ago, back in 2010 or 09. BY Chase Bank.

They have to garnish something in particular- personal property, stocks, something. The creditor has the right to seize non-exempt items (exempt being vehicles to get to work, family heirlooms, the family Bible, etc., etc.) for sale to satisfy the debt. Usually creditors don't want to mess with personal items because they are hard to sale, but they can if they so choose. There is very little you can do other than 1) hide or transfer assets, or 2) declare bankruptcy.