P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

how do both prosecution and defense attorneys attempt to strategize

how do both prosecution and defense attorneys attempt to strategize to ensure they get the best juror for their side. What techniques are used? How successful have they been? Is this considered jury tampering? Why or why not
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Jury selection is a complex process. It is, many will argue, one of the most important parts of a criminal trial. So much so that many attorneys will hire consultants to help with the process

The main way to gather information into the jurors is through a question and answer process. The jurors will fill out forms with basic information...then the attorneys are allowed to ask questions to the jurors individually and in a group to gather additional information.

The trials I have worked? Jury selection was a very important part of the trial

It is not considered tampering...no way...it is just part of the criminal process. It is not tampering since the judge presides over the entire process...the lawyers never get to spend time with the jury on their own, outside the presence of the judge