TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I recently had a non inury auto accident while delivering pizza.

I recently had a non inury auto accident while delivering pizza. My insurance carrier di not know about the delivery job and have denied the claim. Do I need an attorney and what should I exprect now.
Expert:  TexLaw replied 2 years ago.

I have a few questions for you before I can fully answer your question.

1. Did the accident cause damage to anyone else's vehicle and did it cause any injuries to anyone other than yourself?

2. Did you report the incident to your employer?

3. Did your employer state that it would cover any damages, or provide you with any insurance information?

4. Were you driving your vehicle when you had the accident, or did the vehicle belong to your employer?

5. What kind of insurance policy do you have (ie, what type of coverage do you have---comprehensive collision or just liability)?

Please answer these questions and I will get back to you with an answer.

Best Regards,
Zachary D. Norris
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes the another car was damaged and my employer is aware of the accident. No my employer did not offer any coverage. I was driving the vehicle and it personally belongs to me. I have a liability policy with Mercury Insurance
Expert:  TexLaw replied 2 years ago.
Even though you have not been sued, you may still need a lawyer. Simply because you were driving your vehicle while you were working does not mean that your insurance should deny coverage.

Remember, unless you get higher coverage, your insurance will only cover damages to the other person's car which were caused by you. If you were not at fault in the accident, then your insurance company may deny the other person's claim.

If you are claiming for the damage to your own vehicle which was caused by the accident and you do not have comprehensive collision coverage, your insurance company will still deny your claim because you are not insured for damage to your own vehicle.

If you have been sued by the other person in the wreck, then you need to immediately go see a local lawyer. They will help you work out the issue with your own insurance company.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Best Regards,
Zachary D. Norris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not claimed any damage to my vehicle but the other party has been denied. Is it possible that I could be criminally charged for not telling them about the pizza delivery
Expert:  TexLaw replied 2 years ago.
No. There is no potential for criminal charges in this scenario.

However, since the other car driver's claim has been denied, you should be on the look out for a lawsuit. If you get sued, send a copy of the lawsuit to Mercury Insurance immediately along with a letter demanding a defense.

If you don't get sued, then that means the other driver does not want to pursue the claim and nothing further will come out of it.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. If I have answered your question, please click on the "Accept" button.

Best Regards,
Zachary D. Norris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help My nerves are frayed and I'm feeling very foolish for having involved myself in something so foolish. I'll be sure and leave a very positive rating for you.