TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

my fiancee has been divorced from his ex wife for 7 years.

my fiancee has been divorced from his ex wife for 7 years. He paid three years alamony and now she said she was going to file a lawsuit for alaomy for the rest of her life. Is this possible
Generally, alimony is not provided in Texas. If the divorce took place in Texas, the spouse may be entitled to "spousal support" but this is only for a limited time and would never be granted for the rest of her life, as she is threatening.

However, if the divorce took place in a state which does allow alimony, then the court may award it for an extended period of time. Generally, a divorced spouse cannot simply go back to court after the divorce is final and judgment has been rendered and ask for more alimony. It must be part of the original judgment.

So, without seeing the divorce decree issued by the court, I would state that it is highly unlikely that your fiancee's ex-wife will be successful in her attempt to get more money after the divorce.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Best Regards,
Zachary D. Norris