Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am in the process of trying to get my license back. I owe

Customer Question

I am in the process of trying to get my license back. I owe about 2400.00 which includes reinstatement fee in Alabama. I owe old traffic fines in Ohio, Michigan and I have one ticket left in alabama. The ones in Ohio and Michigan are from about 1996 from Ohio and 2006 from Michigan. How do I limit this amount? These are very old and I am willing to pay some of them off but for Ohio they are fines plus reinstatement amount for each ticket. I really need them because it has been very hard on getting jobs.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
I am afraid that unless you pay off all the fines, it is now too late to limit them, they are simply too old and any efforts to reduce the fines had to be taken back when the fines were issued.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”