Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

my lawyer said that all the money from the city goes toward

my lawyer said that all the money from the city goes toward legal fee & medal bills & the money i get from the insuranece co. will be all mine Now he tells me that the city didint pay all medal bills & he cant relase the money because there is alean on part of it I got none the themoney i settled for over six thouaand dollarsmy medal bill didnt total that so my question to you is that poaaable they can how up the second part of the law suit he said he was trying to see if they wiil take less but its been over two months since i settle with the insurance co.
Your attorney is correct, that on a settlement the funds need to go to pay all bills before you can get anything from the settlement. You are entitled to an accounting from your attorney and you need to get in touch with the medical providers to get an accounting of the total due and negotiate with them to take less and that is going to be the only way to settle this.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.