Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

i HAVE A PROTECTIVE ORDER ON MY HUSBAND FOR ALCOHOLISM AND

i HAVE A PROTECTIVE ORDER ON MY HUSBAND FOR ALCOHOLISM AND BATTERY. HE CONNED ME INTO BUYING A HOUSE USING MY CREDIT AND THE HOUSE IS IN MY NAME. i DO NOT WANT TO BE WITH THIS MAN FOR MENTAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE. i WANT TO EXTEND THE PROTECTIVE ORDER AND SELL THE HOUSE.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You will need to file for divorce and as part of the divorce you would file for possession of the house and get the court to award you the house in the divorce property settlement or for the court to order the sale of the house. You really need to get yourself a local family law attorney and get this filed while the protective order is in place and the court will extend the order through the divorce and beyond.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”