Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a student loan that is ove 25 years old . My name was

Customer Question

I have a student loan that is ove 25 years old . My name was placed on a sanction list through the United states dept of Juctice back in 1999 when I filed Bankruptcy in 1999, I was told by way of lette to leave my dental office building that I owened. My attorneys said it will go to pay my student loan or my debts. Since my student loan was federally insured i thought my building would go to pay my student loan.
i found out that the United States dept of justice in michigan placed my name on a santion list which means I cqn not sevice any medicaid or medicae patients untill a payment arangement was made on my student loan. I sent a letter in sept 2011 with all of my fincials per USDJ equest. Three month letter they sent me a letter requesting additional infor\mation that I sent Intially.now a 65,000. loan I owe 290,000.00
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately, you have to get the loan cleared first and prove that the seizure of the building was to satisfy the loan debt. Until you clear up the loan debt they will not remove your name. You are going to have to contact your attorney that handled the bankruptcy matter and he will have to subpoena records from the government to force them to show you what the funds from your building went to pay and argue for the reduction in the balance. However, I am afraid that you owe the debt and they will not give you government benefits while the loan is in default.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”