Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

my vehicle was damage by another driver and there insurance

my vehicle was damage by another driver and there insurance is fixing my vehicle. They can't find the parts and they decide to pay the value of my vehicle and dump it.they are offering me $2300 and Kellys Blue Book is telling me that my vehicle in its "Fare"condition is worth $3411. now there are four categaries Excellent,Very Good'Good and Fare.
What can i do about this as i am meeting with them tomorrow
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Good afternoon. If they don't offer you fair value for your car, file a claim against the driver. The driver's insurance company doesn't get to unilaterally decide what the value is...they are not exactly an unbiased party. If you sue the driver, you will then have him join your side against his insurance company because he won't want to be held liable. And, this ups the stakes on the insurance company because the state insurance code provides for them to be liable for triple damages if they fail to reasonably settle.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.