Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Is it possible to have a liaison for communication about a

Is it possible to have a liaison for communication about a child with a difficult ex. Not just about a parenting plan but on basic everyday questions. This would be to have a 3rd party involved on all correspondence. My husband's ex rarely calls to discuss important matters focused on the child rather than on my husband. When he refuses to digress, she calls her sons phone or intercepts his calls to gain access to my husband. We have attempted all different kinds of methods for effective communication however, she is absolutely unreasonable, emotionally and verbally abusive (in front of their son) and disrespectful. Therefore, my husband no longer wishes to correspond with her directly. We have no neutral or impartial family or friends to call on either. Is there a service for this kind of interaction? And if so, how quickly can it be implemented? Thank you.
Expert:  Ray replied 5 years ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good afternoon.

RayAnswers :

Sorry I wish there was.Your remedy would be to return to court here and have the judge issue limiting orders and deal with the ongoing problems.It is the only way to address this issue.I am sorry he is having to go through all of this.But the judge will deal with this if you file a motion to modify here in the court where the orders were entered.You can seek orders limiting harassment calls and other communication here.Then it is enforceable by contempt.

RayAnswers :

Instructions/self help to seek modification of the parenting plan on these issues.

Customer:

I know that modifications of orders can be quite a lengthy process but the harassing phonecalls are happening every weekend. Is there an emergency filing process for the harrassing calls?

RayAnswers :

No unfortunately not.You have to file and serve her and tell it to the judge.

RayAnswers :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Customer:

ok, thank you. Happy New Year.