Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Is there a acivil rights attorney available for me to talk

Is there a acivil rights attorney available for me to talk to. I have a matter of a program that me and several people went through we will say for people of disadvantages and there is a pattern of discrimination against these people with the same disadvantages it's suppose to help. The person or persons that are do the wrong stuff are not even being address when somebody brings to there attention the matters. This is when you bring to their coworkers that work with these people or person. They say that they probably just having a bad day. When somebody say something degroratory and discriminating measure taken. I mean this corporation is funded by people donation and charity and government grants. I just wandering how to address this.
What is exactly your issue here?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what the issue is that through this program there was jobs that was awarded jobs based on their disability or disadvantage. Certain people that had the same disability wasn't given oppurtunity for jobs that they can do and steered toward things that would make their disablity worse or jobs. Where it appears that jobs that would be good for anybody in the program. Was given to younger people with less experience and creditiantial. Basicially a certain group of people of certain age,disability,color was string along to make appearance to fill a quto for government funding. Have you deALT WITH GOVERNMENT FUNDING or have dealt with the inter working. In order there was discrimination on many different level. Also racial appet said by a person who works as program manger for the program.
You start by filing a complaint with the EEOC as they would be the ones to have to investigate before you can go to court and sue. This is going to required a statistical analysis which the EEOC has the financial resources to conduct and without an analysis to show the pattern of discrimination you would not have a case to make.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do they go about perfoming or conducting there statiscial analysis? Also what happens after that one way or the other?

They have to subpoena all of the records from the program and have a statistical expert examine them to determine if there is evidence of discrimination. If they find discrimination they can pursue an adverse impact discrimination claim against you or they can give you a right to sue letter and then you would need an attorney to file suit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You mean a claim for you?
Yes, so sorry for the typo, if they find a strong case of discrimination they would file the discrimination case FOR you.