Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

What states will not allow extradition on a class B misdemeanor

What states will not allow extradition on a class B misdemeanor harassment?
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 2 years ago.

TexLawyer :

All states will allow extradition for a class B misdemeanor.

TexLawyer :

The issue is whether the state who issued the warrant is willing to pick the person up.

TexLawyer :

Unlike other countries that may not allow extradition to the United States, no state imposes such a restriction.

Customer:

will Oregon go pick me up in say Arizona?

Customer:

hello?

TexLawyer :

It more depends on the resources of the county seeking the extradition. If you are picked up, the law requires that you be held and the other state given the opportunity to come get you. As such, even if you aren't actually extradited, you can expect to spend a couple of months in jail.

TexLawyer :

There is no definitive answer on whether they will or won't pick you up. It is up to the county.

Customer:

does oregon have a way to send me to prison because of past felonies that probation is done.& paid for. Because of a class B misdemeanor?

Customer:

like habitual criminal or something?

TexLawyer :

If you are no longer on probation or parole, a misdemeanor will not send you to prison.

TexLawyer :

Can I help you with anything else?

TexLawyer :

If that answers your question, please click the ACCEPT button. Good luck.

Customer:

but what i was charged w today was a class b misdemeanor for harassment. and the...

Customer:

da and judges might be biased

Customer:

previous was a class c felony child endangerment and a class b misdemeanor

TexLawyer :

They still can't make a misdemeanor into a felony.

TexLawyer :

If you've been charged with a misdemeanor, if convicted, you will be punished for a misdemeanor. If they wanted to charge you with a felony, they would have done so.

Customer:

in malheur county oregon here i was charged w assault 4 and 2 days later the da increased it to a class c felony. that is the past felony.

Customer:

that is the past and why i am scared

TexLawyer :

When the DA gets the case, he can increase or decrease the charge depending on the facts. Without reviewing the case, I can't tell you what happened in your situation, but if there is a misdemeanor warrant, it will stay a misdemeanor.

TexLawyer :

The botXXXXX XXXXXne is this: whatever is going to happen will happen. Eventually, you will be arrested on the warrant. There is no practical way to avoid that short of leaving the country.

TexLawyer :

Does that answer your question?

Customer:

what are the minimum maximum penalties for class a and classs b misdemeanor harassment in oregon. that is my fina; question please

TexLawyer :

Up to 6 months in jail and a fine up to $2500.

TexLawyer :

Can I help you with anything else?

Customer:

thats including a and b right ? in case they up it?

TexLawyer :

No, that's for a B. The punishment for a class A is up to a year in jail and a fine up to $6,250.

Customer:

ok thnx happy new year

Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience: Experienced in both state and federal court.