Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

Two months ago we purchased a used mobile home from a dealer

Two months ago we purchased a used mobile home from a dealer here in town. There were some stains along the bottom of some walls, but the dealer said they were pet stains from the previous owners and that the home had been completely checked out & had no water leaks whatsoever. They had put down new carpet and tile and started painting. Six weeks later, we have mold growing throughout the house (especially the master bath) and a $298 water bill. I know we purchased the home "as is" but couldn't we sue them for misrepresentation? My sister was with us when we looked at the home and heard everthing the woman told us. It's obvious this leak has been going on for quite a while and is pretty big to go through 38,000 gallons of water in one month.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 years ago.
On an as is sale buyer has limited remedies. But buyer has options and a claim for breach. That is so where seller misled buyer. The claim would be one of fraud and a related claim of unjust enrichment. Happy new years.