P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

I live in Matthews, nc. I have 2 dogs which my neighbor does

I live in Matthews, nc. I have 2 dogs which my neighbor does not like. They are in the house 90% of the time. I do not let them out unless I am home and put them in when I go run or leave for any reason. I do not let them out before 7 am on the weekends, I put them in before dark. During the week I do not let them out until I get home from work in the afternoons. My neighbor is big on calling animal control and saying my dogs are barking excessively during the day when they are inside. What rights do I have to stop him. My dogs are spayed, vaccinated, and licensed.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

So long as your dogs are not causing a nuisance in the neighborhood, and are properly licensed, animal control will not take any action against you.

Frankly, I would expect them to stop responding to your neighbors "cries of wolf" at some point.

But to answer you question

What rights do I have to stop him.

You can sure ask him to do so...though what you describe I suspect that will not do much good

You may consider leaving a recorder you can show that the claims he has are not valid the next time he calls and falsely complains.

If he lies about you personally and that harms your reputation, you could sue him for slander.

Other than that? Likely not much.

It is not a crime to call animal control multiple times.

This will fall on animal control to choose how they allocate their resources.