Joseph
Joseph, Attorney
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
18539850

My name isXXXXX am calling from Bakersfield California. My

Customer Question

My name isXXXXX am calling from Bakersfield California. My phone number is XXXXX I have a problem with Midas car service. I had a broken site mirror and so I went to replace. My car is Toyota camry 2007 gray in color but the site mirror they had was red so they told me they could put it temporarily because I was going out of town and when I come back they could get me gray one. When I went back there they said they didn't get the gray site mirror and so they told me they could paint it for me and would be ready next day which was yesterday. When I went there they said it wasn't ready and said come tomorrow which is today. When I called him today asking whether it was ready the guy said it wasn't ready again and that either I go there and they put ready mirror back or leave it there until next week. When I asked what happened they didn't fix it today he was rude saying I either go and they will put red mirror back until next week or leave it there, he didn't have time to talk to me. I went to the shop and I asked him why he was rude on the phone, he replied he had no time to talk to me. I called police and they said it is a civil matter so I have to take them to court. Now I am driving the car without site mirror which is ilegal. If it is the case I can use a lawyer I am more than ready. For the last two months I have been their good customer spending over 500 dollars for car service. I am a traveller nurse but I have stopped traveling out of town because of that.
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and assist you.

To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify these points so I can best address your inquiry:

• What is your specific question for a legal expert to answer?

Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have paid them 180 dollars on 12/22/11 and I told them I was tired of their inconviniences and I wanted my money back so I can go to fix somewhere else but they refused. As a lawyer I want to get a legal advice on whether it is a case I can take to the court and win or not.
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
When did you first take the car to them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
12/22/11
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, I would suggest that you do not have a viable cause of action at this time. Approximately nine days ago you hired them to replace your side view mirror. At that time, they told you that the did not have the color that you needed an gave you a temporary mirror in a different color.

Since that time, as I understand it, they have been attempting to resolve the problem for you. I doubt that nine days would typically be considered unduly long to handle such a matter. However, this is not a typical time as we are in the midst of the Christmas and New Year's holidays. Meaning, things tend to take longer than usual.

There is no excuse for their rude behavior towards you and I do not mean to belittle that. Unfortunately, rude behavior, in and of itself, generally does not create a viable cause of action. My thought would be to give them a bit more time, perhaps a week or so, to correct the problem. If they fail or refuse, you might then demand your money back and go elsewhere.

I regret that my answer is unfavorable, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than a truthful response.

Please let me know if anything requires clarification.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!

Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.