NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.

Can cps take your kids if you fail a drug test but have a

Can cps take your kids if you fail a drug test but have a prescription
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome to

What is the history of the person who failed the drug test with the prescription? As in, is there a record of illegal drug use, and if so, what kinds of drugs?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No record of illegal drug use
I need some more background about the situation so that I can best answer your question.

Why was CPS involved at all with this family?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Somebody made an onimous call that he was a stay at home dad taking care of a 6 year old who is in school all day and a 3 year old and said he was a alcoholic and did illegal drugs while caring for the children but the claim was not true and cps asked for a ua the only thing is he goes to physical therapy and is prescribed a painkiller from his doctor and he is worried that it will show up in the ua but have a prescription for everything and everything is up date
In this situation, if he has a prescription, a positive result will not be held against him. If there is no other evidence or a past of drug use, then he will not be negatively affected by a positive result. They will not take away the kids on that basis alone.

If you require more information, I will be happy to follow up with you. In the meantime, please remember to click Accept so that I get credit for my time assisting you. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

And remember, I want you satisfied, so if I can help you further, please ask so that you can provide Positive Feedback once we've addressed your legal question to your satisfaction.