LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

How do I stop readers choice magazine company from trying to

How do I stop readers choice magazine company from trying to cooerce me into paying for magazines that I asked them to stop sending 9 months ago? They said that the magazine companies refused to stop in the middle of a cycle and said that it is an automatic renewal process.
Please help I am at my wits end.
Thank you XXXXX
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

I certainly understand your situation. At this point, you need to send them a letter in writing, advising them that at the end of this cycle, you wish to terminate your subscription with them. Send this letter certified mail, so you have proof that it was sent and received by them. This way, if the still send it and charge you, you can dispute the validity of the bill and have evidence to show you advised them in a timely manner, to cancel it.

Do they have anything to show proof that it automatically renews?