LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Dear Sirs, Hi. I have a question regarding a puppy I purchased

Dear Sirs,
Hi. I have a question regarding a puppy I purchased on 11/22/11. Due to mental issues I am having a difficult time with the puppy. I have informed the breeder via phone and she said she cannot take the puppy back unless she has a buyer. Do I have any rights as a consumer?

Thank you.
Michele
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

I certainly understand your situation. If you voluntarily purchase the puppy and the breeder was not aware of your mental issues or deceived you in any way, the puppy would be yours and she would not have any legal obligation to take it back and refund your money. This was purchased at your own discretion and based on the facts which you stated, the breeder did nothing wrong. If you can not longer take care of the puppy, you can donate it or try and sell it yourself. You may even want to see if the breeder would take it back and allow her to resell it and keep the money, to be assured it finds a good home. Thank you. If you do not have any other questions, please click the accept button, so I can get credit for my answer.