Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney.
16911602

What is the role of judges in the Federal and State systems?

Customer Question

What is the role of judges in the Federal and State systems? How are judges selected? How does this process impact decision-making?
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 5 years ago.

Attorney 1 :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer! I am preparing your response. Please remain online for a few moments, so you can get your answer right away.

Attorney 1 :

Here is the URL to an New York Times article that answers your question as to the role of a federal court judge:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/21/what-is-the-role-of-a-federal-judge/?page=all

For good coverage of both state and federal judges, see:

Attorney 1 :

http://aja.ncsc.dni.us/courtrv/cr38-4/CR38-4Hanson.pdf

Attorney 1 :

**** Please post a short reply to let me know whether I have answered your question or whether you need additional information.

If you need more information, I will be happy to continue to assist you.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­__________________________________________________________________

If I have answered your question, please remember to click “ACCEPT.”

Clicking the green “ACCEPT” button will not cause you to incur any additional expense, and it is the only way that an expert gets paid for providing assistance, even if you have made a deposit or have a monthly subscription.

____________________________________________________________________

This communication contains general information, only, and does not constitute the provision of legal advice. Information provided herein is not intended to replace a detailed legal consultation, and does not create an attorney/client relationship.