Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I live in Greenwich Connecticut. My Company is Greenwich Construction

I live in Greenwich Connecticut. My Company is Greenwich Construction and we have been in business over 10 years. Some local woman, not in the business owns the URL Greenwich Construciton and wants to sell it. Does she have the right to do so? Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Leeuwen
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Is she merely "cyber-squatting" on this name and essentially just sitting on it, or does she use the name for her own company or other uses?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
she is simply sitting on it. Louis.. Cyber-squatting.
Thank you for your follow-up.

In that situation you would have grounds to file suit against her and attempt to use the courts to take the property from her when she's not utilizing it. I will say that such a lawsuit will cost you far more money than $1500. You do have the right to demand attorney fees should you file suit, but depending on the financial situation of the other person, you may end up spending more money on legal fees then you will ever get back from this person and even if you prevail, it will end up costing you more. So while you do have a legal right to demand this URL from her, it will be far more cheaper for you to pay the $1500 and simply get the right directly.

Good luck.