Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney.

A transcript of my trial is scheduled to be available on December

A transcript of my trial is scheduled to be available on December 18, 2011. It will be provided to the not yet identified appealate attorney. I understand that I can purchase a copy for $1 per page, or $300, but I don't have $300. As and indigent, can I ascertain a copy for free? If not, can I request the opportunity to review it to draw from it what I need it to prove that my accuser committed perjury by contradiction? I have a copy of all the defense exhibits that my public defender refused to bring to the attention of the court.

Attorney 1 :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer! I am preparing your response. Please remain online for a few moments, so you can get your answer right away.

Attorney 1 :

Yes, indigents can fill out a form to request waiver of court fees. Depending on your state, there will either be a box to check for the waiver to apply to transcript requests, as well as any filing fees, or there will be a box marked "other" with a place for you to write in "transcripts". The fee waiver request will have to be approved by the judge, which could take several days or longer, so try to plan ahead and get the waiver in as soon as possible.

Attorney 1 :

Best of luck!

If you need more information, just let me know and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

If I have answered your question, please remember to click “ACCEPT.”

Clicking the green “ACCEPT” button will not cause you to incur any additional expense, and it is the only way that an expert gets paid for providing assistance, even if you have made a deposit or have a monthly subscription.

I leave Positive feedback for all accepted answers.

Positive feedback helps customers get quick responses to future questions.

If you would like to request my assistance for future questions, please begin the question with "FOR ATTORNEY 1".

This communication contains general information, only, and does not constitute the provision of legal advice. Information provided herein is not intended to replace a detailed legal consultation, and does not create an attorney/client relationship.