Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My daughter is well known athlete in our area and recognized

Customer Question

My daughter is well known athlete in our area and recognized nationally... A relocated transfer athlete came into the school to be on same sports team but did so fraudulently in that she purposely played with my daughter knowing she didn't live there and got her Disqualified for CIF individuals.. Her biggest year for recruiting to colleges if she had known this ahead of time she would of never played on the team because she lost three and half months of development and she could of played more tournaments which would enable her to have her a higher mark for recruiting purposes.. It's also the coaches fault placing her with this player...does the school have any responsibility toward my daughter?. Why did they check her housing status the day of the finals of their league
match?. Then disqualify them the same day? The partner is blaming the school..botXXXXX XXXXXne they didn't live there where they said they did they had renters in there.. Does my daughter have a damages claim and who is reaponsible of she does?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is Andrea and I would be glad to help

Pleas explain a little how your daughter got disqualified because the other athlete was not really a resident of the area. How did this affect your daughter ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My daughter played doubles with her....this girl knew she didn't live there...but I guess thought they could get away with it... My daughter was suppose to play singles... However. They put her into doubles with this player who was disqualified there fore making my daughter disqualified..
Thank you for your additional information.

I need just a bit more information, if you do not mind,

1. Who is responsible for checking the validity of addresses of athletes - School ? Coach ?

2. Who finally discovered that she was not a valid resident of the area ?

3. How long was the other athlete playing before it was discovered that she was a non-resident of the area ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The athletic director does a " resident" check... I askednhim on the phone today why he waited to do the home check the day of the final league match... His reply was CIF had already approved her... And he has a lot of transfers coming intonthe school... The school made her inelgible and reported it to CIF.. She was first rejected by CIF then approved for a so called " hardship" case her dad is very wea
Thy and bought a house in the area? She sat out for the season the last league,atch CIF made her elgible there fore a
Drying school she can lay.. My daughter was thrown into doubles with her for league playoffs which they won to see whom goes to CIF..5 the big tournament... Our school said they didn't live there .. My daughter was disqualified. They went to the princals of the league to see if they would approve my daughter laying with someone else or reese ting them se
Ves therinca
S voted said no they were basing their decisions off the by always of the rules..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry my spelling applicator altered my words didnyou get what I was saying?
No problem, I unerstood what you wanted to say.

What does "CIF" stand for