Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I move to these area the school calls me everyday. My son is

Customer Question

I move to these area the school calls me everyday. My son is getting in fights, he tells me is self defence but sometime yes their playing and Joe does something wrong. Other telling me my kid is behine not at grade level. Then my son comes home telling me he gets hit tro in the mud or bother he tells them. They say dont want to hear it you are punish. Its several people treating him bad even if he dosent do anything they tell him he just a problem. Kids notice he gets blame for things si they lie and my son gets in trouble. It affects my daughter they say the people in the school hates them and treat them diffrent and their brother my son gets scream at an writen up went he dint do it. They never call me in the time of the incident they wait 3 day later in these case know about two weeks later they call me. Say is suspended out the bus went my daughters say he has been good but no matter what she screams at him and says bad words in spanish on her bluth tooth they have gotten hurt speciaally my daughters an other kids cause of the way she drives and slamp on the brakes when they already stop. Other thing the talk to me and my kids in spanish fine but living messages in spanish is not acceptable we are in the USA, my kids dont speack spanish they asume what can i do about that. Theirs a lot more. I feel like they just want him out and they will tired me out by blaming everything on him falt or no falt. Because he is below his level and they dont want look bad. He even was in speech therapy but they took him out cause they dint want deal with him. I just want to go to Jag because they could just tell me or give me a option were else I could take him. Because they started a few days after school started calling me giving me and my girls sighn they dint want us their my life been miserble. My kids work with other activities and people and they dont have complains and love my kids. Yes they have their momments but not like that. Its a cultor chok we live in Colorado moving to TX right on the border with Mexico. I dont know what to do please help my son is good at home but not perfect.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
If your son is being harassed in school you need to start with a meeting with the principal and present evidence of the bullying and harassment to them and inform them that the state law mandates that they enforce their anti bullying policy and if they refuse then your next recourse would you would need to contact the state bar and ask them for the education law attorneys in your area to assist you because your only other recourse would be to sue the school to force them to enforce their policies.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did talk to the principal on enforcing the policy all involved. She says she cant tell me but my daughter told me those kids are back at school and my son is suppended at home. Or the bulling are older kids I went and told them my sons cloths are full of mud and shoes or making him eat mud other kids saw or these kids brag. I told them to enforce the rules or I will call the cops because I found out they will take them she said she will deal with it. Well thats aoutomatic suspencion those kids dint get suspended. From then on some of the staff treated my son driffrent, and let other kids see that nomatter if good or bad he will be at Falt and the same time treat my girls diffrent like they are not wated their by staff. Do I have a case so I could get with Jag. I really want all these to stop and my kids not feel bad and not wanted. Other with buss driver can I press charges or something I talk to her but she gets aggressive I live messeges with her supporvisor for two months first call I got he said I never call him and will invistigate and never did anything. Because onece I saw her road rage with my kids on the buss I address it she dint listen now she gets him suspended after he hasnt taken the buss a week.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok hello
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer!

I agree with the recommendation of your prior expert, but will be happy to assist you further if you feel there may be more that is needed. Please specify what you still need a response to, and I will be glad to assist you.
At this point, if the school did not enforce their policy, then your next step is to the school board/superintendent of schools. If the board/superintendent rules against you, then you would need to consider proceeding to court against the school to get the rights for your child. However, the big problem you have is you are not at school so you do not know exactly what your child is doing, all you have is his word, so you need to do a bit more digging first to try to get some evidence that they are the ones coming after him and not the other way around.