Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

A woman is posting a 6 yr old name and birthdate, who she lives

A woman is posting a 6 yr old name and birthdate, who she lives with, all her medical history, alot of lies about the family and the child, and about the rape kit the child had. Is there anyway to stop her
Expert:  Legalease replied 3 years ago.

Hello there

Do the parents of this child know what is going on and what is being posted?

What did CPS say to you about the situation?

--MARY

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The child is in kinship foster, lives with my daughter, her mother knows and approves of it. but father wants it removed. So far CPS has said they can do nothing. I was told federal law protects these kids.
Expert:  Legalease replied 3 years ago.

Hello again

Federal law protects them from having child pornographic images displayed online on any website but there are no general federal laws that restrict or prohibit the amount of or the type of other kinds of pictures or personal information on the internet. And CPS cannot do anything because the mother is approving of the information being posted and although the information may be personal, it apparently is not offensive enough for CPS to get involved. However, if the child's father objects to these postings, then he can bring a motion in the family court for his ex wife (or girlfriend, as the case may be) to cease and desist these postings as an invasion of privacy and the family court will take these matters very seriously, I assure you. The father can get a motion form at the clerk's office of the family court and fill this out there at the court (he should ask the clerk if there are any volunteer lawyers that work at the court to help out laypeople who are trying to do file court papers without an attorney).

Good Luck

--MARY

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I am paid for my time. Just Answer does not pay me anything until you press the ACCEPT button so I appreciate it immensely when my customers honor the honor system here at Just Answer and press ACCEPT to make sure I am paid for my time. Pressing ACCEPT will NOT cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as a trigger to Just Answer to pay me for the time I have spent assisting you and I am happy to answer additional follow up questions even after you press ACCEPT. THANK YOU !!

Legalease, Lawyer
Experience: 15 years exp all aspects of general law