INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

My husband ordered a $200.00 plus item from a well known sporting

My husband ordered a $200.00 plus item from a well known sporting store ONLINE. (this was to be a gift for someone else.)
The item that arrived IS the item that was ordered, however, one important feature is missing- The infared heating feature is not a part of this item as was ADVERTISED and still being adervised. Now we are recieving the run around. I myself have worked on this issue last night and again this afternoon & evening. Now I am running out of time getting everything set for the holidays. One person will not have their wish gift and we feel like the bad guys here.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
Good evening,
what outcome do you want to reach?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We would like the item with the advertised infared heat as advertised. That unit they say cost 399.99 & the expect that we just pay the difference..
You can pursue that relief in a number of ways. That can be done by threat of complaint to the BBB, attorney general office and threat of small claims court lawsuit. Having a lawyer place a call, can help reach settlement around such terms, as they seek to avoid exposure to agency review as well as legal action relating to misrepresentation and breach of contract.

Please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a Bonus and Positive Feedback is not required, but doing so is very much appreciated!

If you have a follow up question, I am happy to address it. Just click Reply (not relist) to ask it and I will respond. On occasion, there may be a delay if I am helping another customer, conducting research, or taking a break.

Please remember that sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question so please keep that in mind.