lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

I mailed a letter disputing a debt and requesting validation,

I mailed a letter disputing a debt and requesting validation, the debt collector stated that although we spoke for the first time last week, he has been sending me letters for monthes
so my 30 day period has expired long ago. I have never recieved any letters from him. When does my 30 days to dispute start?
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

You can dispute the debt and require validation at any time in the process. Send the request for validation certified and also tell them not to contact you by phone. The problem is that they probably cannot properly validate the debt, usually they cannot. If it is on your credit report you should also dispute the debt with the three credit reporting agencies. The statute of limitations in PA is four years. 42 Pa. C.S. 5525(a)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They have only suppield me with a po box # XXXXX I cant send mail certified, what would you suggest?
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
you can send USPS certified to a PO box