John Legal
John Legal, Attorney
Experience:  Over 15 years legal experience.

I live in the state of Kansas and receive child support from

I live in the state of Kansas and receive child support from Kansas Payment Center. They have chosen to go paperless and are attempting to require all persons who use them to go Direct Deposit or require them to accept a debit card on or before 2-1-12. My question is, Is there currently any law in the state of Kansas that require existing client of a company to go paperless just because that company has chosen to do so even if they have permission from the state to do so.
Thanks for trusting Just Answer. As an attorney I will answer as clearly as possible. I ask for you Accept my answer so I am paid when we are done.

There is not an existing law in Kansas allowing a company to force a client to go paperless. However, there is a new Kansas law that allows an employer to force their employee to go paperless with compensation payments by going with either direct deposit or with a debit card.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not an employee of K.P.C. so that law should have no bearing. Is there any presedence where a person has won a case where a company that they were reciving payment from, but not an employee of, went papreless but were still required to pay them in accordance with the pre-arranged court ordered agreement.
Unfortunately there is not. The actual damages that a person suffers is so minimal, likely there are no damages, that this has not been an issue with major litigation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
With your expertise is this feild and your years of experance in your opinion would it be worth the time and expence to take them to court and fight them?
I unfortunately do not. Litigation is expensive and time consuming. While I can understand the frustration with the change of policy being forced on you and others. The question you have to ask yourself is, what financial harm have I suffered because of this that is worth the likely years of litigation and expenses.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank You for your time. It is my personal belief that just becouse large companies change their policies the "Common Joe American" should have some way to fight back without bankrupting them. We should all be use to it by now but it still just not fair.

Final question. Do you know of any large law firms that might be interested in something like this for pro bono
I whole heartily agree with your sentiment. I do not know any large of small law firms that can take on this big of a litigation case pro bono. This could balloon into tens of thousands of dollars in legal costs very quickly.

Here is the website of the largest non profit civil rights firm in the country.