Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am a descendant of a property up for sheriff sale in new

Customer Question

I am a descendant of a property up for sheriff sale in new Jersey What documents do I need for fourteen day extension?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You must submit a written request to the Sheriff’s Office and include the reason(s) for the request together with a fee of $28.00 payable by cash, money order or check made payable to the Sheriff's Office. Adjournments are granted at the sheriff’s discretion. The decision is based on the information supplied in the written request. Adjournments are NOT automatically granted. Thus, you have to provide some good cause in your written statement showing that you have a reasonable possibility of saving the property from being auctioned or that the foreclosure is improper and a civil action has been filed.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

With your help I have received 14 day Adjournment. Can you help with second Adjournment in Essex County NJ / letter from attorney?
I am sorry, but now you have received the adjournment you now need to get to a local attorney to represent you in this matter, you need to go to legal aid or call the state bar for the pro bono attorneys in the area to represent you. Representation from this site is prohibited by site rules, I am sorry.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sheriff sale Adjournment request can be made until what time or date
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sheriff sale Adjournment request can be made until what time or date in Essex County NJ
You received one already and the sheriff is not likely to grant another one but you can make the request any time before the day of the sale.