Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.

My son recieved a flu shot at a grocery Pharmacy. He was told

My son recieved a flu shot at a grocery Pharmacy. He was told he could leave immediatley after the shot becuase he had not had a reaction in the past. He did have a reaction, I was driving away with him in passenger seat and he started having what I thought were convulsions. I ran back into pharmacy and ask what I should do . I was told to take him to emergency. My bill for this was $2000.00 and my son and I are uninsured and self employed. The Staff Dr said The Pharmacist was at fault and even told them this on the phone. What can be done ?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.

Sam :

Hi

Sam :

I am sorry to hear this has happened.

Sam :

So, if he had stayed at the pharmacy, he woudn

Sam :

would not have had a reaction? Is that your contention?

Customer:

He wouldnt of had to go to hospital or be in danger , turns out he actaully just passed out ? nobody really is sure why. They would of known that he just fainted, I didnt , I freaaked out .

Customer:

Thats why they are suppose to have then sit for 20 minutes

Sam :

I see

Sam :

What I suggest is you write a letter now. No phone calls. You write a letter to Corporate and you detail what happened. You provide copies of your medical invoices. Explain you have no insurance and that you feel it was negligent of the attendant to tell your son he could leave. Therefore you need them to pay the invoicecs

Sam :

This letter must be mailed Certified with a return reciept

Sam :

to show it was recieved.

Sam :

If you do not get satisfaction, then you will have to bring a small claims lawsuit

Sam :

Which is easy enough to do on your own, without an attorney

Customer:

and missed work time ?

Sam :

Yes. He can get the compensation his time from work

Sam :

You can get the forms for small claims court from the clerk

Sam :

But you have to mail the written letter first

Sam :

They are never going to respond to an email or phone call

Customer:

will do

Sam :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck

Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience: 20 years of experience practicing law.