David L
David L, Attorney
Experience:  Corporate, Real Estate, Estate Planning, Probate and General Litigation attorney 14+ years

How do you do a restraining order against someone? THANKS

Hello. You can take a trip to your local county courthouse. There is a department that handles restraining orders. Generally, if it's an emergency, they will grant you a temporary restraining order. If not, the matter will be set for hearing before a judge. The judge will determine whether granting a restraining order is appropriate.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am having a woman and her daughter coming over every day to our house, My hubby is disabled and she is reallly getting to be a pain even after many requests not to come. It is very stressfull so would that be considered an emergency since hubby is disabled. I would have to be the one to go to the court house. She says she LOVES him!
It probably wouldn't be considered an emergency. You also have the option of not letting them come into your home, which would be easier than going through the process of obtaining a restraining order.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We live in FL. so they sit outside and only enter the house when I'm not there. Is there a charge for filing? THANKS

I don't know off hand what the filing fee would be, but you can contact the clerk of court in the morning and they will give you the process to follow as well as any fees.

Here is a good description of the process from the Broward County website:

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What do you mean by this----option of not letting them come into your home
I meant that it is your home. You can refuse them entry when they try to come in. However, your husband would have to cooperate and also refuse them entry.