socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

A and enter into a contract for the distribution of produce

Customer Question

A and B enter into a contract for the distribution of A’’s produce to local restaurants and wineries for which A agrees to pay B. B transfers his right to payment under the contract to C Bank. This transfer is
A. an assignment.
B. a deligation
C. an obligato.
D. prohibited
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
An assignment.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A party who substantially performs his or her duties under a con­tract can enforce the contract against the other party.

True
False
How many questions do you intend to propound?

Are any questions not multiple choice?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have total of 22 questions.multiple choice and true & false
Please post them all at once.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A contract involving a lease is the only contract relating to an interest in land that must be in writing to be enforceable.

True
False

True
False

A party’s oral agreement to pay another’s debt is never enforceable.

True
False

Belle enters into a contract to subdivide and sell housing lots in Cole’s hillside field if Dell City annexes the property within the next year. Belle’s duty to perform is

A.

absolute.

B.

conditional.

C.

illusional.

D.

rresolute.

Ralph and Sven enter into a contract under which Sven agrees to guide Ralph’s expedition through Tibet for which Ralph agrees to pay Sven. This contract may not be assigned if

A.

the assignment will significantly change the risk of nonperformance.

B.

the assignment is expressly prohibited by the terms of the contract.

C.

the contract is uniquely personal in nature.

D.

any of the choices.

Standard Construction, Inc. (SCI), contracts to build a store for Tasty Confection Company (TCC), with TCC’s payment due on June 1. On June 1, TCC’s bank is closed, and for this reason, TCC claims it cannot pay SCI on time. In this situation
A.

SCI is in breach of contract.

B.

TCC is in breach of contract.

C.

the contract is discharged.

D.

the contract is suspended.

The person to whom rights in a contract are assigned is the assignor.
True
False
The Statute of Frauds requires that statutes must be in writing.
True
False
Timber, Inc., and United Corporation enter into an oral contract for a sale of a lumber mill. Under the Statute of Frauds, before United takes possession, this contract is enforceable by
A.

either party.

B.

neither party.

C.

Timber only.

D.

United only.

Uri and Vicky orally agree on the sale of Uri’s Nite Club to Vicky and note terms on a pair of the Club’s napkins, which they both sign. A written memorandum evidencing an oral contract that would otherwise be unenforceable must contain
A.

every term

B.

the essential terms.

C.

the preliminary terms.

D.

the qualitative terms.

A breach of contract occurs only when a party fails to perform all of his or her duties under a contract.
True
False

A right to receive damages on a breach of a contract for a sale of goods may be assigned.

True
False

A transfer of contract rights to a third party is an assignment.
True
False
An oral contract for a sale of land may be enforceable if the contract has been partially per­formed.
True
False

An “as­signment of all rights” absolves the assignor of all liability under the contract that created the rights.
True
False

Any breach allows the nonbreaching party to sue for damages.

True
False

Century Properties. Inc., and Dandy Capital Corporation enter into a con­tract for a sale of land.To be enforceable, the contract must be in writing if the land is valued at

A.

$50.

B.

$500

C.

$50,000

D.

$50, $500, or $50,000

Glen and Haj sign a written contract. Glen claims that the parties later orally agreed to modify the contract. Any oral modification is likely not enforceable if it falls under

A.

the doctrine of promissory estoppel.

B.

the “main purpose” exception.

C.

the “partial performance” exception.

D.

the Statute of Frauds.

Oral assignments are prohibited.

True
False

Ruth contracts to provide Shelly with fifty hours of telepathic personal coaching. The state legisla­ture sub­sequently passes a law making tele­pathic personal coaching illegal. This law will

A.

discharge the contract.

B.

fulfill the contract.

C.

not affect the contract.

D.

require immediate performance of the contract.

When a condition operates to terminate a party’s absolute promise to per­for­m, it is a condition precedent.
True
False
False
True
False
B.
D.
B.
False
False
B.
B.
False
True
True
True
False
False
D.
D.
False
C.
True

Finis.