Yes, you should seek discovery from the Defendants. You should ask for documents concerning:
1) any disciplinary procedures against the employees
who caused the injury
2) copies of any special licenses held by the employees who caused the injury
3) any documents which give any guidelines or procedures for the activity conducted by the employees which caused the injury
4) any documents regarding you, such as medical records obtained by the defense.
5) all documents provided by the defense to any expert witnesses
6) photographs of the scene where the injury occurred
7) if it was equipment which caused the injury then you want all maintenance reports regarding the injury
8) all documents regarding investigations into the event underlying the claim conducted by the Maintenance Department.
You should also serve an interrogatory that asks questiosn about their defense and asks them to identify any and all people with knowledge of relevant facts.