TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I have paid thru allotment and it is still coming out of my

I have paid thru allotment and it is still coming out of my account for a live insurance policy sence 1967. My wife pass away on 22 September 2011. the company say I am not the beneficiary for the policy. I am working in Germany. The policy is with AVIVA police number XXXXXXXXXX IT was make in my wife name Gloria XXXXX XXXXX and my name Wilie Cleveland Brown with $2000.00 on my sons Willie Keith and Tyrone. I have not signed or change the policy in any way. I am still paying but am not the beneficiary. What can I do?
Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.

Zachary D. Norris :

Zachary D. Norris :

My understanding of your question is that its concerning a life insurance policy that you took out on your wife.

Zachary D. Norris :

Your wife has now passed away and you have contacted the life insurance company and have been informed that you are not a beneficiary.

Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.
The first thing you need to do is look at the policy information and find out who has been listed as a beneficiary.

As far as you making payments into the policy, you need to figure out who the beneficiary is and why you were not listed as a beneficiary before you stop making payments.

You also need to file an official claim on the life insurance policy for the proceeds. This will require that you have a death certificate for your wife and you can establish that you were the husband and are the beneficiary.

As this sounds like it might be a large policy, it may pay off for you to hire an attorney in the United States to act on your behalf to collect the proceeds.

But first things first, you need to find out who the beneficiary is.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Best Regards,
Zachary D. Norris