David L
David L, Attorney
Experience:  Corporate, Real Estate, Estate Planning, Probate and General Litigation attorney 14+ years

My son and his ex-girlfriend have a daughter, he is on the

My son and his ex-girlfriend have a daughter, he is on the birth certificate.The mother is being difficult and not letting my son see his daughter, can he go and bring his daughter to his house with him being the father.
Expert:  David L replied 4 years ago.
Hi. By law, he obviously has rights to see is daughter. However, he can't go to mom's house and physically take daughter without her permission. That would potentially cause issues that could get him criminally charged. The right way to do things is to file a petition for visitation in family court. The judge will make the parties work through a joint parenting agreement that will give him equal visitation through court order.